GVA Transfers Terms And Conditions
A) GENERAL INFORMATION
- Geneva Transfers.com is based at 57 Chemin de L’ Etang, 1219 Chatelaine, Geneva.
- Geneva Transfers.com hold an international passenger and goods transport license issued by Berne, Switzerland.
- All vehicles operated by Geneva Transfers.com are covered by Taxi insurance.
- Geneva Transfers.com is subjected to and governed by Swiss Law.
B ) GENERAL CONDITIONS OF TRAVEL
- Where two or more people are included on the same booking, the person purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so, on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the party.
- The confirmation email is your ticket. This must be presented to your driver for both the outward and return trip
Payment can be made in three set ways with GVA TRANSFERS SARL:
- i) Cash on the day must be paid in the correct currency stated on your E ticket (Euro or CHF denomination). You must pay one leg at a time. You can ask for a receipt by emailing and stating your booking reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2) Credit card via telephone. With this option you will need to call our office and speak to an operator. You can pay with Visa, Mastercard and Amex and there will be a 2% surcharge added to this method. Your receipt will be sent via email.
- 3)Bank transfer to our company account. If you select this option please send us an email so that we can forward our company bank details to you. Transfers will only be arranged once payment has been received in our account. We will not accept this method if you are travelling less than 7 working days in advance.
- It is the responsibility of the customer that all the information on their GVA TRANSFERS.COM booking confirmation is correct. GVA TRANSFERS accepts no responsibility for incorrect information given by a customer that results in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up up a customer(s).
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide a contact mobile telephone number at the time of booking and that this number is switched on and working at the time of travel. GVA TRANSFERS is not responsible for any issues that occur in the delivery of the transfer service as result of the customer failing to do so.
- The destination and pick-up addresses on your confirmation are the address to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done at least five days before travel via email to email@example.com. If we do not receive details of your new accommodation location within this time you may have to be dropped off at the tourist information office in the relevant resort.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to have a valid address or directions with them to their accommodation once in resort. The driver may know the specific accommodation, and in this case you will be taken straight there. However in the case that neither customer nor driver know the exact location of the accommodation the driver will attempt to locate the accommodation for a period not exceeding 10 minutes, but after that will have no option but to leave customers at the resort’s tourist office (whether it is open or closed).
- All luggage must be clearly labeled with the owners name and destination address. GVA Transfers does not take responsibility for customers taking the incorrect luggage from the vehicle. Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag. Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, GVA Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
- GVA TRANSFERS reserves the right (and delegates to its drivers the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the chauffeur, the vehicle or the other passenger(s)
- Customers who soil the interior of a van due to excess alcohol consumption, or drugs, are liable to an on the spot fine of 100 euro. This fine is payable immediately to the GVA Transfers driver. If the customer refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the driver will action a police report as advised in our drivers training manual.
- Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the GVA Transfer vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
- Any damage caused to a GVA Transfer vehicle by a customer must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then GVA TRANSFERS will be forced to take legal action against the customer(s) in question.
- Passengers are not permitted, by law, to consume alcoholic beverages in our vehicles.
- Smoking is not permitted in GVA TRANSFERS vehicles.
- GVA TRANSFERS schedule transfers to arrive at the airport not less than 2-hours before the flight departure time under normal conditions. A customer requesting to leave later than the recommended time does so entirely at their own risk and GVA Transfers will not be held accountable for a missed flight as a result of this decision.
- GVA Transfers will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. GVA Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. The following clause outlines examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
a)Accidents causing delays to the vehicle.
b)Exceptional or severe weather conditions.
c) Compliance with requests of the police.
d)Deaths and accidents on the road.
e)Vandalism and terrorism.
f) Unforeseen traffic delays.
g) Industrial action by third parties.
h) Problems caused by other customers.
i) The vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official.
j) Other circumstances affecting passenger safety.
- In the situation that the customer is not at a specified meeting point at the arranged time (excluding flight arrivals), the driver will wait for a MAXIMUM of 20 minutes. After this time the customer will be deemed a no show and GVA TRANFERS will give no refund for the transfer.
- Cancelled Flights: In the event of a flight being cancelled, the customer is deemed to have missed their transfer. If an alternative flight is arranged, then the customer would need to make a new booking for a transfer at full cost, subject to availability of transfers. GVA TRANSFERS will provide a statement for the customer, stating that they were unable to travel on the original booking, which may be used to make a claim on their travel insurance.
- In situations where the customer informs GVA TRANSFERS of the flight cancellation before the scheduled flight arrival time and it is possible for us to offer an alternative transfer option for the customer, we will try to do so. There may be an additional cost associated with providing this new service or, the alternative transfer offered may not be the same as what was originally booked. Any other journeys on the same booking are unaffected and are still valid as originally booked.
- Delayed Flights: We request that you notify us by telephone, to the number on your booking confirmation, as soon as you become aware of any incoming flight delays greater than one hour.
- We request that you keep us informed by telephone of any delays in collecting luggage, or of lost luggage, which may cause a delay to your booked transfer. A customer failing to notify GVA TRANSFERS of a delay may miss their transfer as it will be assumed that they did not travel. It is the responsibility of the airline and not GVA TRANSFERS, to deliver any lost luggage to the customer.
- If you do not wish to wait for a vehicle to become available and you decide to make your own alternative travel arrangements we will not refund the money paid for your original transfer or contribute towards any alternative travel costs you incur. We will however on request, provide you with a written statement, as to why any additional costs were incurred, which you may be able to use to make a claim on your travel insurance.
- In the case that a customer is unable to take their transfer as a result of delayed, cancelled or missed flights and the customer incurs additional costs arranging alternative travel arrangements because of this, GVA TRANSFERS will provide on request a written statement as to the reason these additional costs were incurred, but will not be held responsible for any of these additional costs nor will GVA TRANSFERS provide any refund for the originally booked service.
- In the case of extremely adverse weather conditions, GVA TRANSFERS may be forced to explore other transport options for customers. This will only arise when there is a substantial risk to the customer and driver involved in attempting the journey, and this decision will rest solely with the management of GVA TRANSFERS SARL. Payment for any extra transport taken will be made by the customer, however GVA TRANSFERS. will happily provide documentation to aid the customer in claiming back any payments from their holiday insurance provider.
- Customers arriving on the French side of Geneva airport must make your own way to the Swiss side of the airport.
- In the situation that a customer orders a special seat for their child or baby, GVA TRANSFERS will supply this seat free of charge. The seat will be allocated to the customer on the basis of what they selected on the online booking form. In the case that there is any dispute over the suitability of the chair, GVA TRANSFERS will not be held accountable for difference of opinion. To save this occurrence, parents are recommended to bring their own child seats if there is any confusion.
- Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims. However, whilst every care is always taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own holiday insurance.
- Customers are entitled to cancel the ticket by email. Cancellations must be made at least 5 days before the time of travel. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, GVA TRANSFERS, at its absolute discretion, may refund a proportion of the money subject to a deduction of bank, and administrative charges. The client will receive an email confirming the cancellation.
- Some corporate account holders with GVA TRANSFERS may choose to be invoiced for services provided. All invoices must be settled according to the terms stated on the invoice.
- When booking your transfer service with any other operator, we have a duty to select suppliers of transfer services using reasonable skill and care. We have no liability to you for the actual provision of the transfer services (unless it is proved that we have breached our duty to use reasonable care in selecting the third party supplier and you have incurred loss or damage as a result).
- The customer is strongly recommended to have holiday insurance. In the case that previously mentioned reasons for transfer delays occur – causing missed flights and other such costly events – GVA TRANSFERS will not be held liable for the cost of any of this. GVA TRANSFERS will, however provide documentation to the customer that can be used as proof to their insurance provider in order to recoup any money lost. In situations where GVA TRANSFERS are proved to be negligent, the customer will be offered discounts from further services – this decision will be solely at the discretion of the management of GVA TRANSFERS.
- Nothing can affect the consumers’ statutory rights.
- GVA TRANSFERS.COM SARL terms and conditions are governed by Swiss Law.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, you are accepting the terms specific to the transfer type you are booking, which are detailed in the description of the transfer service, shown at the quote stage of the booking process.
- Any issues relating to the service provided by GVATRANSFERS.COM should be put in writing and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. GVA transfers will try to reply to all emails within seven days of their receipt.